Holidays are here and Terror Time thinks that The Elf on the Shelf is one of the creepier traditions created for Christmas. With social media and parents everywhere having fun scaring the hell out of their kids then posting pics, we started thinking about how much these moments really look more like a horror film then a Xmas prank. Then we stumbled upon these from the gang at buzzfeed. What psycho scenes have you put together with the elf?
1. Do you ever get the feeling that there’s something kind of creepy about Elf on the Shelf?
2. Like, their “thing” is that they are “watching you” and you never know where to “expect them.” 🙁
3. Their idea of “fun” is not the same as everyone else’s.
4. And they are constantly implying that they know something you don’t.
5. Rule #1: Only serial killers write things in toothpaste.
6. Or on the mirror.
7. Especially when you just stand there, waiting for your victim to read it.
8. Even the nicest sentiments start to sound ominous when they are scrawled on your bathroom mirror.
9. Actually, basically every message that is not on a Post-it is kind of creepy.
10. Honestly, this is just aggressive. Don’t tell me what to do, you creep.
11. It’s not cute to plaster your face up against the glass of someone’s home.
12. Basically, “lurking” outside is frowned upon for a reason. We should never have let these guys inside in the first place.
13. Occult symbols are never fun or sweet or nice or uplifting, no matter what anyone says.
14. And googly eyes are terrifying on everything.
15. This is not OK.
16. This is not OK.
17. THIS IS NOT OK.
18. Blackmail, ultimatums, and vague threats are not a good way to make friends.