This new blu-ray is going to be a must have for all fans of the series. Not only is this 3 disc set loaded with new extra’s (including commentary’s from Sam Raimi and Bruce Campbell, new behind the scenes footage plus a TON more) but it will include the Theatrical cut, Director’s cut AND the International cut. Look’s like its time to put that old Screwhead edition aside as this will definitely be worth the upgrade!
Pre-order is available now at Shout Factory, but if your local to LA you may want to hold out until October 28th as Ricky Grove(Duke Henry the Red) and Joseph LoDuca (composer) will at Dark Delicacies ( www.darkdel.com ) in Burbank autographing copies purchased through the store.
Full list of specs as released from Shout!
***Final Specs Revealed for ARMY OF DARKNESS (Collector’s Edition)***
The day has finally come for “boomstick” fans everywhere! Here are all the details on our upcoming 3-Disc Blu-ray set, which is set for an official release on 10/27 (available to pre-order now)
DISC ONE (Theatrical Version – 81 min.) – 1080p High-Definition Widescreen (1.78:1), DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1 & 2.0
- NEW Medieval Times: The Making Of “Army Of Darkness” featuring interviews with star & co-producer Bruce Campbell, actors Marcus Gilbert, Ted Raimi, Timothy Quill, Richard Grove, Bill Moseley, Patricia Tallman and Angela Featherstone, director of photography Bill Pope, editor Bob Murawski, production designer Anthony Tremblay, composer Joseph Lo Duca, costume designer Ida Gearon, special make-up effects artists Howard Berger, Tony Gardner, Robert Kurtzman and Greg Nicotero, “Pit Bitch” performer and effects artist William Bryan, mechanical effects artist Gary Jones, first assistant director John Cameron, visual effects supervisor William Mesa, and stunt coordinator Christopher Doyle (96 min.)
• Original Ending
• Original Opening With Optional Commentary by Sam Raimi and Bruce Campbell
• Deleted Scenes With Optional Commentary by Sam Raimi and Bruce Campbell
• Theatrical Trailer
• TV Spots
• Home Video Promo
DISC TWO (Director’s Cut – 96 min.) – 1080p High-Definition Widescreen (1.78:1), DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1 & 2.0
- Audio Commentary with director Sam Raimi, actor Bruce Campbell and co-writer Ivan Raimi
• NEW Additional Behind-The-Scenes Footage From KNB Effects (55 min.)
• Vintage Creating The Deadites Featurette (21 min.)
• Vintage “Making Of” Featurette
• Extended Interview Clips with Sam Raimi, Bruce Campbell and Robert Tapert
DISC THREE (International Cut – 88 min.) – 1080p High-Definition Widescreen (1.78:1), DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1 & 2.0
• NEW 4K Scan Of The International Inter-positive
• Television Version With Additional Footage (90 min., Standard Definition (1.33:1), DTS-HD Master Audio 2.0)
• Theatrical Trailer
• NEW Still Galleries With Rare Behind-The-Scenes Photos from production designer Anthony Tremblay, visual effects supervisor William Mesa, and special make-up effects artists Tony Gardner and KNB EFX, Inc. (Over 200 Stills)
• NEW Still Gallery Of Props And Rare Photos from the collection of super fan Dennis Carter Jr.
• NEW Storyboards for Deleted or Alternate Scenes
• Vintage The Men Behind The Army Featurette (19 min.)
Even being as detailed as we could here, we anticipate that there are questions you may still have about the cuts of the film. Our Blu-ray producer has provided a couple of Q&As that we felt might come up and that some may be curious about:
Q: Is the U.S. Theatrical version a new transfer?
A: Unfortunately, we were not able to do a new transfer of the theatrical cut (which was provided by our partners at Universal). However, we did do additional color correction.
Q: Why is the International version a 4K transfer and not the Director’s Cut?
A: Our original intention was to do a new 4K scan on the director’s cut, so we started with elements that were available in the MGM vault. Unfortunately, we could not find all of the additional footage (film and audio) for the 96 minute Director’s Cut.